Exit Planning goes far beyond the concept of leaving the business. It addresses various issues that can positively affect the business’ value, cash flow, and overall operational performance. Even if you aren’t ready for a future outside your business just yet, taking steps toward planning for that inevitability can provide important benefits for you right now..
Here is a list of questions that every business owner should be able to answer with confidence and clarity:
- What is my company worth today and how accurate is this valuation?
- If I have a valuation gap, what can I do to close that gap?
- What must my company be worth when I sell to have enough for my desired retirement lifestyle or next business venture?
- When do I want to retire? And what will my lifestyle be like post-sale?
- How marketable is my business and what do I need to do to make it more attractive to buyers?
- Do I understand the pros and cons of selling internally vs. externally?
- What will my taxes be on the sale? And do I have a strategy in place to maximize my after-tax proceeds?
There are many details to discuss and understand to ensure you get the maximum value for your business. The list above is a good start when considering your future.
Schedule a confidential meeting with our team today to begin identifying, prioritizing, and installing the Value Drivers your company needs for you to leave your business on your terms.